These gluten-free, naturally sweetened vegan protein bars are made from superfoods like flax, coconut oil, dates, and cacao nibs. They’re a great healthy snack for when you’re on the go!
2 cups unflavored hemp protein powder
½ cup ground flax meal
½ cup cacao or cocoa powder
¼ cup granulated monk fruit sweetener (like Norbu) or granulated Stevia (like Natvia) – Optional
2 cups nut butter of choice (like peanut butter)
½ cup coconut oil, melted
10 pitted medjool dates
1 cup cacao nibs, plus more for garnish
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut for garnish (optional)
1. Lightly grease a 14-inch rectangular pan and set aside.
2. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the “s” blade, pulse the protein powder, flax meal, cocoa powder and sweetener (if using) together a couple times to combine.
3. Add the nut butter, coconut oil and dates and process until the batter comes together in a large mass and there are no clumps of date left. You may need to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl a couple times to make sure everything gets incorporated.
4. Add the cacao nibs and pulse 2-3 times to incorporate (or transfer to a bowl and fold them in by hand).
5. Turn the dough into the prepared pan and use your hand or a spatula to press into a single, tightly-packed layer.
6. Sprinkle additional cacao nibs and shredded coconut on top, if you want, for added texture and flavor.
7. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting into bars.
Nutrition Information (per bar, without optional ingredients):
Calories: 335; Total Fat: 24 grams; Saturated Fat: 10 grams; Protein: 13 grams: Carbohydrates: 18 grams; Sugar: 6 grams; Fiber: 8 grams; Cholesterol: 0 milligrams; Sodium: 122 milligrams
Recipe and photo by Nora Schlesinger of A Clean Bake.
Author: James Wilks
Hey guys, thanks for reading. This website should help you cut through all the BS and make an informed choice with supplements.
I was like you 2 years ago, trawling the internet looking at review, after review, after review. But now that’s changed, I’ve taken my years working in the supplements industry and created this website to help you make the right choice.
If you like something please share on social media! Or drop me a message. Always good to hear from you guys.